We’re developing an exciting interactive app that will allow you to prepare for your expedition on the go, in the comfort of your own home or anywhere else you like. The app meets all the learning criteria laid out by the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and the flexibility avoids the need to give up weekends/evenings for training sessions. It’s also great for anyone going on their first expedition that wants to make sure they have the knowledge needed to be safe whilst exploring. The app should be ready for February
What is included?
- The app includes a series of topics on outdoor learning.
- The opportunity to test your knowledge at the end of each section and to print a certificate at the end.
- We have additional inputs for the John Muir Award, presentation skills and looking after your mental health whilst on expeditions and day-to-day
- The app encourages autonomous learning – a great skill for young people hoping to go on to higher education.
- The app will reduce the pressure placed on your staff involved in DofE as they won’t have to provide training sessions.
- Using the app avoids students having to miss hobbies/weekends/class time to carry out expedition training.
- The app is an affordable and fun way to provide DofE/expedition training to your students.
- The additional inputs aren’t included in standard DofE training but we feel they teach skills that are vitally important to
young people on the cusp of employment/higher education.
- Bronze DofE: £20
- Silver DofE: £30
- Gold DofE: £40