Bold Adventures Terms and Conditions
Personal identification information
1.1 We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when:
1.2 Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site.
1.3 Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number and credit/debit card information.
1.4 Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
1.5 We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us.
1.6 Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
2.1 We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilised, and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
4.1 Bold Adventures collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
– To improve our Site
– We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
– To process transactions
– We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
– To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
– To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
– To send periodic emails
– The email address Users provide for order processing will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
How we protect your information
5.1 We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
6.1 We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
6.2 We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
7.1 Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licencors and other third parties.
7.2 We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing.
7.3 These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Your acceptance of these terms
9.1 By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
10.1 Bold Adventures uses PayPal for all online transactions. All offline transactions are made using either PayPal or by Direct Bank Transfer or IBAN.
10.2 The website only accepts full-payment in advance of each course booking. If booking offline, in excess of a month before the course a 25% non refundable deposit is required. A month before the onset the whole balance is required.
10.3 When payment has been made and the monies received, all customers receive a set of Joining Instructions, a copy of our Terms and Conditions, Medical & Consent Form as well as a Duke of Edinburgh date capture sheet.
Refunds & Cancellation Policy
11.1 Cancellation by clients: In the event a customer wishes to cancel a booked course we reserve the right to withhold the total course costs. It is similar booking a holiday, if you book and then cancel you will lose the full payment. We feel we are being as fair as possible in trying to give you alternative dates or course.
– All cancellations must be made in writing, the 30 days reimbursement procedure starts when we receive this notice.
– Under certain circumstances dates may be changed and deposits or full payments may be held in credit in respect of future alternative dates. A postponement is ultimately a cancellation and a re-booking.
11.2 Cancellation by Bold Adventures:
– In the unlikely event of this occurring we will:
– Offer alternative dates
– Other a different course theme
– Only has a last resort will we offer a total refund of any monies paid. We never take the decision to cancel a course lightly and rather than offer an immediate refund, we actually see your commitment as important and would seek to remedy the situation through one of the first three methods.
– We reserve the right to either cancel outright or remove individuals from any course at any time due to inappropriate behavior, suspicion of participants being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, lack of suitable clothing, uncompleted consent forms or lack of group supervision by accompanying staff. Deliberate misuse & Neglect of equipment or any contravention of the Code of Conduct.
– Any losses or damage caused to equipment by the willful actions of an individual will be invoiced to the body or organisation booking activities on that persons behalf.
11.3 If a course cannot run owing to the Awards minimum number of (5) on the course, we will aim to offer a number of alternatives:
a. Offer an alternative themed course on the same dates or
b. Combining course numbers on other courses to reach over the minimum group size of 5
c. Offer alternative dates in the year.
If you choose not to accept the dates or alternatives we will aim to process through the steps above (11.2) before offering a partial refund (see below), as we know the most important outcome here is that the young participant completes their Residential section.
If, despite our best efforts to re-allocate you onto a course you chose to accept a refund we reserve the right to withhold 50% of the cost of the course to impart some level of commitment onto you the client getting the required course completed regardless of the theme? It might be possible for the participant to attend on the theme they chose as part of the Ambassadors Initiative at a later date?
These actions while not ideal have been taken to remain fair whilst still attempting to ask the participant to complete their residential section.
We aim to process refunds within 30 days, as a small business we are sometimes ourselves subjected to varying payment or reimbursement terms; 30, 60 or 90 days are sometimes common waiting periods, for non-refundable deposits, reimbursement or other Invoice payments.
We have, to date, never failed to reimburse our customers.
11.4 Exceptional circumstances:
– In circumstances where cancellation may be necessary such as extreme weather conditions, illness or industrial action effecting road, emergency and rail services a fair solution will be agreed between parties. Personal insurance against cancellation is recommended.
What Is Included
12.1 Included in the course cost:
– Bold Adventures courses operate under the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority (AALA) with full insurance cover.
– Public Liability Insurance to the sum of £2,000,000
– We employ only highly qualified leaders & instructors with first aid qualifications and screening.
– Modern equipment, which is maintained and updated to BMC standards.
– Bold Adventures uses its base at Bolsterstone as a teaching, briefing and an eating/ sleeping/changing facility.
– Showering facilities at present are located in a separate building.
12.2 Additional Costs built into your residential package:
– Use of private facilities & additional hire or access will be passed on at cost unless agreed with course leader e.g. Ropes, Courses, Climbing Walls, Canoe hire, Cycle hire, Mini Bus hire, Certification etc.
12.3 Additional Costs:
– Bed and Breakfast at a local 4* Inn is available at £60.00 pppn.
– NB Courses which require more detailed planning will be quoted for on an individual basis.
13.1 Protecting your child:
– All staff are CRB/DBS Clear.
– We have a BOLD Adventures Child Protection Policy.
– We have strict staff behaviour codes.
– All staff are interviewed and known all along.
– All staff trained to not speak to young people alone where practicable, always within earshot of peers.
Bold Adventures | www.boldadventures.co.uk
0114 418 1464 | email@example.com
Terms & Conditions last updated; January 2019